UPC's Bring Milprint a Sweet Win with DuPont
This is truly a satisfying victory for Bemis Flexible Packaging's Milprint Division! We are proud to announce that they are the winners of a Special Citation for the Snickers Bar Wrap at the 19th Annual DuPont Awards Competition.
Du Pont has recognized this package for its outstanding innovative contributions to packaging. What makes the Snickers bar wrapper so unique is that the UPC is printed in the transverse direction (TD) and print copy is located within view from every angle. The development of these technologies was a two-year process involving multiple trials both on press and on the packaging line. Enormous amounts of data were collected to validate the consistency of TD-printed UPCs. These efforts resulted in a package which met the brand's need but did not compromise UPC integrity or packaging line speed. The ability to increase branding "real estate" on a package will be significant to brand managers across the industry.
The DuPont Awards for Innovation in Food Processing and Packaging were presented in a ceremony held at the Kimmel Center for Performing Arts on Friday, August 11. With 135 entries, 26 food and non-food packaging innovations received awards. For a complete listing of Packaging awards, click on the following link.
- Groundbreaking New Bemis bMET™ Sealant Films Give 2-Ply Structures the Attributes of 3-Ply Films, Reducing Cost and Environmental Impact
- Bemis Introduces Hermetic, Steam-in-Bag Package Technology for Meals that Include Proteins and Sauces
- UPC's Bring Milprint a Sweet Win with DuPont
- Industry-Leading Cohesive Performance
- Add Visibility and Convenience with Customized Film Structures
- Simplify and Speed Food Preparation with Microwaveable Film Technology
- Promote Multiple-Item Sales with Multi Sacks
- Set Your Brand Apart with Award Winning Graphics and Printing